For Western House Bed and Breakfast guests we have mountain bikes and golf clubs that they can use free of charge. Or if you like something a bit more thrilling we also have motorbikes available to hire.
You can also just sit back and relax in a peaceful and tranquil atmosphere during the day or keep snug and warm in front of a cozy open fire during the winter months.
We’re happy to organise tours of the area:
- There are half a dozen golf courses within 45 minutes drive of Western House
- John would love any excuse to take you fishing.
- Guided hunting trips are also available by prior arrangement.
Activities in and around Kurow
Kurow is a small friendly township in the Waitaki Valley in the South Island of New Zealand with a population of 339 (2006 census).
When you stop in Kurow, why not enjoy some of the following activities:
- Waitaki Dam
- Maori rock drawings
- Twin Bridges
- Geological formations (eg. Elephant rocks and Earthquakes)
- Kurow Museum and Information Centre
- Walking Track
- Alps 2 Ocean cycle trial
- Horse Trekking at Stoneridge Horsetreks near Kurow
- Kurow Winery’s
- Golf Courses
- Water Sports
- Cafes and Pubs
- Visit Ostler Vineyard – ostlerwine.co.nz
- Or for a daring adventure get in contact with Vertical Ventures – verticalventures.co.nz
|Kurow to Oamaru||65 kms|
|Kurow to Dunedin||182 kms|
|Kurow to Omarama||53 kms|
|Kurow to Twizel||84 kms|
|Kurow to Mt Cook Village||146 kms|
|Kurow to Queenstown||220 kms|